In descending order of quality, price and challenge, several golf courses are available:-
- Royal Porthcawl – A top class links course, home to many UK national championships. Tel 01656 782251
- The Celtic Manor – Home to the 2010 Ryder Cup. Under development, yet still boasts some of the best golf available in the region. Home to the annual Wales open.
- Southerndown. Another links type course, set between mountains and the coast. Tel 01656 880476
- Pyle and Kenfig – A challenging links course, with a warm and unstuffy atmosphere. Tel 01656 783093
- The Wales National – An up coming and coming course set to challenge Royal Porthcawl for its quality Tel 01443 665899
- Cotterell Park – Two 18 hole courses on offer, with a range of early bird and twilight bargain golf available. Tel 01446 781781
- St Mary’s – An 18 and 12 hole (9 in Winter) course. Good golf at a very reasonable price. Tel 01656 860280
- Pencoed Agricultural College – A true pay as you play 9 hole course. Municipal style golf over a par three and four course. Very informal. No need to book.
Top surfing beaches include Rest Bay, Southerndown and Llantwit Major
Similar to walking, many great routes can be recommended to you, just ask! For more adventurous, the Afan Argoed Mountain Bike Centre is half an hour or so drive away. World renowned …. apparently!
Several stables are close by; we recommend Ogmore by Sea. Run over many years by the Williams family, rides take you out over the sand dunes and to the sea beyond. Any stable that produces top jockey Christian Williams (2nd in the Grand National) must be good! Tel 01656 880856